New Order with the city of Santa Monica free charging

So I worked from home the day after that last charge at the VW dealer since it is a privilege we can use sporadically and to regroup for a strategy after that experiment.

I zoomed in on a park that offers a few free charging stations, then at a few others in the blink network.

The following morning I went for the park first, and there was a spot left, alas the 2 charging ports were in use.

I was down to 12 miles of range and I noticed the Ford hybrid plugin next to me (Cmax) was almost full so I unplugged it but left a note to the owner with my number saying I would be back to plug them back in and for them to text me asap if they needed that.

My goal was to let it charge a couple of hours and plug them back in.

When I came back the owner left me a note back and was thankful I notified them with my info.

Looks like EV owners are a nice crowed indeed.


I went for lunch and reparked the car and noticed someone was already charging at my previous spot within 20 min of me leaving, so I left another note to a Volt near me asking for them to plug me in when they were done.

I came back 3 hrs later (per rules of the park you can only stay there 3 hrs) and I noticed my car was plugged in, which was nice.

At that point I was at 90% charge and it was around 4:30 PM so I drove to a spot I know is free to park there near my work, as I also did when charging at the VW dealer.

Overall an awesome experience, which is also coupled with me surrendering my parking pass from work which gives me an extra $185 per month.

But time will tell... as it is definitely a new experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crossing 13.5k and the new normal

How the infrastructure prepares us for the future.

Absolute superiority