31000

And so the endless and pleasurable driving of the EV continues and I blew past the 30k mark before I even knew it.

Several things that I learned:

1) One will adapt to the charging times and include them in any activity.

2) Switching to a lower carbon footprint means some rewarding changes

3) The battery capacity has not changed one bit... which makes me hopeful for the next 100k or so

The i3 is definitely the best car I ever owned and embodies a disruption greater than Tesla's offerings, because of its tires and usage of space inside as well as the minimalistic consoles, all direct consequences of a lack of a large ICE engine in the front as well as the mechanical simplicity of a skateboard model where the flat batteries and the electric engine are at the bottom.

Countless articles have been written on EVs but I doubt anyone has used one to such a degree as I did during a full year, especially considering I only have Level 2 charging possible on my model.

Comments

  1. I couldn't agree more Marc. I too drive an i3 BEV and will NEVER go back to a rough noisy unwieldy gutless expensive smelly and polluting ICE. Like you, my i3 is the best car I have ever owned and driving it is something I always look forward to, because its fun and is greatly enhanced by the fact that it is free to drive (solar-charged) and does not pollute. EVs are just a whole new paradigm and while people keep comparing them with ICE using criterion derived from the ICE era, they just miss the whole point. Its like comparing a horse with a Model T or a landline phone with a smart phone. The criteria people use do not actually apply that well to the new technology.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Crossing 13.5k and the new normal

Absolute superiority

38000