Crossing into 9k and made a non stop from work back home

Friday I got to fully recharge the car and somehow noticed my range was indicated as 86 miles on the way back. I also parked it closer to the 10.

The car loves stop and go traffic... it makes regenerative breaking very effective and extends the range, while the speed it taken care for me by the cruise control, so all I have is to steer and relax.

As I say my range stay in the 80s I entered the first station after the dreaded no man's land between Corona and Murrieta, covering 40 miles, and noticed the behavior became similar to what I experience going in.

I previously calculated the effects of the altitude change and determined going to work gives me an extra 1 kWh of boost, while going back would mean losing that.

In theory that means only a loss of 5-6 miles of range, but I always was scared to not recharge before Corona and then make that trek across a vast expanse of 40 miles devoid of any level 2 salvation...

Until now... after 2 months I felt I knew the car enough to try it.

So when the range was about 6 miles beyond that station I selected home as final destination, and to my satisfaction I saw I could make it...

As I passed the old places I normally stopped I finally contemplated the improvement in my quality of life this would mean.

Of course more stop and go close to Corona did help and I had a full 8 miles extra when I finally drove on the 15 for the final stretch.

I made it home with 9 miles to spare, which is proof I do lose about 6 miles since my best performance going to work left me with 15 miles left.

I was happy, and definitely good on a Friday evening to start the week-end on a good note.



This also allowed me to see a full day's worth of driving stats.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crossing 13.5k and the new normal

How the infrastructure prepares us for the future.

Absolute superiority