Taking my ride cross country and at 4k on the odometer

Since the i3 is my only car it is also normal for me to try to do things I previously did with a gasoline powered car, like going to the beach in Del Mar.

The drive was smooth and nice and the navigation system took me though Del Dios then Via de la Valle alongside Lake Hodges.












I spend some time near the coast then tried to head back through the 101 but Encinitas had a huge street fair so I diverted back up the 5 and turned onto the 76.

This is where I crossed the 4k miles mark, 5 weeks into owning the car.

This kind of trip makes one appreciate more passing a little bit more time while the car is charging. Lesson learned as next time I will bring a surfboard and surf while this is happening.

The spot I charged at was nice and devoid of the usual weekdays work crowds. I paid $6 to get 11 kwhr through the Blink network.

Freeway driving at 60 seems to deplete the range a bit faster but the ECO Pro route choice lets me go where the regenerative breaking is most effective.

I started at 80 miles of range and 37 when I arrived, and at 32 on the way back  for a total of 136 miles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crossing 13.5k and the new normal

How the infrastructure prepares us for the future.

Absolute superiority