Crossing into 16,500 miles and repairing a flat

I finally heard a small rythmic noise on one of the back tires the other day and sure enough it was a small screw.

It was in the part of the tire with the most rubber so I was hoping no damage was done, which was even confirmed after I pulled out the piece, but sadly a tiny portion made it inside and I was faced with a small leak, maybe 1 PSI a day.



The tire pressure indicator is definitely precise to indicate that.

What am I to do? well strangely enough the i3 is not stuck with those expensive run flat tires that are irremediably damaged after a small puncture, at the convenience of another 50-100 miles (don't get me wrong that may be useful as those punctures tend to happen in the rain and the middle of the night per the quantum theory based Murphy's law), so I can repair it myself using an inexpensive kit which I did.

It does hold up to now.

At this point there is absolutely NOT a single justification to ever own a gasoline cat again... in fact their looks alone with that nasty tailpipe in the back are so alien to me I wonder how I spent so much time driving one.

Here is an article that reinforces that opinion:


Disruption is simply another radical new way to do something and electric cars are it. They also embody a whole new lifestyle based on minimalism and consideration that the environment is not just a dumping ground for the waste of industrial society but an integral part of the economic loop.

Lastly here's an image I captured back from a commute, a gorgeous evening sky...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crossing 13.5k and the new normal

How the infrastructure prepares us for the future.

Absolute superiority